Go Visit Ireland Self-Guided Walking Holidays
Self-guided/independent walking holidays in Ireland are an ideal way to immerse yourself in the Irish countryside and see all of its highlights, meet some friendly locals and wildlife along the way. Ireland boasts some of the most spectacular walking routes through its varying landscapes. Strewn with ancient burial sites, Rock art, standing stones, stone circles, forts and Christian artefacts these routes include the Dingle Way, Kerry Way, Beara Way & Wicklow Way. These walking trails are suitable for walkers & hikers of all ages and abilities and can be walked from beginning to end or in sections.
Our independent walking holidays allow you to visit on your preferred dates and gives you the freedom to enjoy Ireland’s nature at its best. Go Visit Ireland will supply all route notes and maps, book your accommodation, transfer your luggage and are on the end of a phone for any questions or emergencies for the duration of your walking holiday. To prepare yourself for this type of holiday here are some recommendations of items to bring:
- Strong walking boots, ideally waterproof, giving ankle support and good grip
- Thick socks (and changes of socks)
- Warm trousers, warm sweaters and spares in case they should get wet
- Waterproof (ideally breathable) and windproof coat/jacket and waterproof overtrousers
- Gloves and hat to cover ears (non-summer walking)
- Shorts, sun hat and sunglasses (for sunny days)
- Personal first aid (plasters/band-aid, aspirins, etc.) and insect repellent and sunscreen
- Day sack (back pack) to carry food and extra clothing (a plastic liner is useful)
- Water bottle and Thermos flask, sandwich box, map case
- Walking poles, if experience already gained in their use
- Sit mat, for lunch stops
For underlayer garments, a wicking material is more suitable than cotton. A number of light layers is preferable to one heavy layer.
The Kerry Way self-guided walking holiday 4-night
The Kerry Way self-guided walking holiday 5-night
The Kerry Way self-guided walking holiday 6-night
The Kerry Way self-guided walking holiday 7-night from Killarney
Explore the Kerry Way and the Wild Atlantic Way from the town of Killarney
The Kerry Way self-guided walking holiday 7-night from Glenbeigh
Explore the Kerry Way and the Wild Atlantic Way from the coastal village of Glenbeigh
The Kerry Way 10-night
The Kerry Way self-guided walking holiday 11-night
Enjoy the full Kerry Way experience on our 11-day walking tour.
Dingle Way 4-night self-guided walking holiday
Dingle Way 5-night self-guided walking holiday
Dingle Way self-guided walking holiday – 6 nights
Dingle Way self-guided walking holiday – 6 nights from Camp
Dingle Way self-guided walking holiday – 7 nights
Dingle Way self-guided walking holiday – 8 nights
The Dingle Way 10-night
West Cork Beara Way Walking Holiday – 6 night
Enjoy a 6-night tour of the Beara Way.
West Cork Beara Way Walking Holiday – 7 night
Enjoy an extended 7-night tour of the Beara Way.
Hike & Bike self-guided holiday Kerry
Walk & cycle the beautiful Kingdom of Kerry in this wonderful self-guided leisurely walking and cycling break, perfect for individuals, friends, groups and families.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY